cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

how to redirect the windchill page to product folder page after submit button is clicked?

grainger-3
1-Newbie

how to redirect the windchill page to product folder page after submit button is clicked?

Hello Everyone,

I am new to windchill customization. I am to write a custom page, in which i am show some questions and text area for answers, and a submit button. I am to take those question and answers and pass to server when user clicks submit button and page should get redirected to Product folder page.

Till now i am able to create custom JSP page using HTML and JavaScript. i have made submit button using action tag in JSP. Can somebody guide me how i can achieve this or better way to achieve this. please refer the attachment.

1 REPLY 1

Hi Gajendra Rainger‌,

I tried this in very limited use case and found that you can do something like this.

1. First get/retrieve Product OID programatically.
  2. Once you have OID, you can then generate static URL something like below:
    1. http://<Windchill_Host>/Windchill/app/#ptc1/tcomp/infoPage?oid=OR%3Awt.pdmlink.PDMLinkProduct%3A218107&u8=1
    2. Note the URL pattern. Only OID is changed for every product. Rest is same.
  3. One you have this URL, you can then pass it to window.location attribute as below:

<html>

<body>

<form action="" method="POST" >

How many times a day you use this product? <textarea rows="2" cols="50" name="first_name"></textarea>

<br /><br />

How long you have been using this product for? <textarea rows="2" cols="50" name="last_name"> </textarea>

<br /><br />

Any Suggestions? <textarea rows="2" cols="50" name="last_name"></textarea>

<br /><br />

<input type="button" value="Go Here" onClick="window.location = 'http://<Windchill_host>/Windchill/app/#ptc1/tcomp/infoPage?oid=OR%3Awt.pdmlink.PDMLinkProduct%3A218107&u8=1';">

</form>

</body>

</html>

Watch this short video:

Video Link : 7535

I hope this helps:

Regards,

Shirish

Top Tags