cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to redirect the windchill page to product folder page after submit button is clicked?

how to redirect the windchill page to product folder page after submit button is clicked?

Hello Everyone,

I am new to windchill customization. I am to write a custom page, in which i am show some questions and text area for answers, and a submit button. I am to take those question and answers and pass to server when user clicks submit button and page should get redirected to Product folder page.

Till now i am able to create custom JSP page using HTML and JavaScript. i have made submit button using action tag in JSP. Can somebody guide me how i can achieve this or better way to achieve this. please refer the attachment.

1 REPLY 1

Re: how to redirect the windchill page to product folder page after submit button is clicked?

Hi Gajendra Rainger‌,

I tried this in very limited use case and found that you can do something like this.

1. First get/retrieve Product OID programatically.
  2. Once you have OID, you can then generate static URL something like below:
    1. http://<Windchill_Host>/Windchill/app/#ptc1/tcomp/infoPage?oid=OR%3Awt.pdmlink.PDMLinkProduct%3A2181...
    2. Note the URL pattern. Only OID is changed for every product. Rest is same.
  3. One you have this URL, you can then pass it to window.location attribute as below:

<html>

<body>

<form action="" method="POST" >

How many times a day you use this product? <textarea rows="2" cols="50" name="first_name"></textarea>

<br /><br />

How long you have been using this product for? <textarea rows="2" cols="50" name="last_name"> </textarea>

<br /><br />

Any Suggestions? <textarea rows="2" cols="50" name="last_name"></textarea>

<br /><br />

<input type="button" value="Go Here" onClick="window.location = 'http://<Windchill_host>/Windchill/app/#ptc1/tcomp/infoPage?oid=OR%3Awt.pdmlink.PDMLinkProduct%3A2181...">

</form>

</body>

</html>

Watch this short video:

Video Link : 7535

I hope this helps:

Regards,

Shirish