cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

how to restrict legacy revisions for new part creation

rmane-2
1-Newbie

how to restrict legacy revisions for new part creation

We have Revision Series loaded in system with some legacy=true value, so that those revisions can be imported for legacy data, i.e. I,O,Q,S,X,Z. At the same time we have added Revision attribute and enabled RevisionPicker in New Part Creation Form, so that user can enter required revision manually . Also in preference settings we have set this preference Allow Override On Revise = yes so that user can give required revision while revise, e.g. bumping up revision skipping next available be default.

Due to these settings, system is allowing to create new parts with Revision which are defined as legacy=true. But we dont want system to allow to create parts with these values. Any suggestions how can we restrict legacy revisions for new parts.

2 REPLIES 2

I remember running this to the same issue and PTC mentioned that it is an expected behaviour. The only way to get around this is by adding a customization, like a validator

Even for me PTC gave same reason, works as per spec, but they are not able to give us valid technical reason on this. I saw many customer have reported this issue and PTC need to come up with the solution either by fixing the issue or by coming up with new preference setting to make it work.

Below is the enhancement request raised by one more customer. I think we all should go and vote for it.

Legacy Revision Use Warning Request

Top Tags