cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to select a default folder based on CAD authoring application in PDMLink v9.1 ?

SOLVED

Re: how to select a default folder based on CAD authoring application in PDMLink v9.1 ?

We do have the config.pro setting dm_upload_objects=automatic, but it still doesn't work in v9.1

What is of some concern is that it says in the v9.1 and v10.0 Help pages for OIRs, in the section about Conditional Rule Algorithms :

...any attribute used within default value algorithms for conditional logic evaluation purposes must be set before the object initialization code executes.

Note: The use of conditional logic requires that you understand the sequence of how values are set for attributes through the user interface. For example, current user interface implementation for selecting folders does not support the use of conditional logic for the folder.id attribute.

Are the same notes present in the v10.1Help pages for OIRs ?

Re: how to select a default folder based on CAD authoring application in PDMLink v9.1 ?

Yes....same notes. Proe WF5?

Have you tested also browser behaviour?

I am attaching a video to make sure that we are understanding which is the desired behaviour. Video Link : 3325

Yes, that looks like it is exactly what we are trying to do. Has anyone else done this in v9.1 or v10.0 ?

I spent a couple of hours yesterday in a Webex session with the tech support guy from our VAR, and having very carefully checked everything in our OIRs, done full server re-starts, cleared Tomcat and WGM caches, etc, we concluded that we were unable to get a TRUE response from any of the blocks of code such as :

<Value algorithm="wt.rule.algorithm.EqualsTest">

<Attr id="authoringApplication"/>

<Arg>PROE</Arg>

</Value>

We even tried it with StringEqualsTest just in case the examples given in the manuals and on line Help are 'documentation errors', but without success. We are pretty convinced that we have the right attribute names and values, and we have tried it from both SolidWorks (v2010) and Wildfire3.

The Method Server log does not offer any clues, as there are no errors reported. Is there an option to get a more verbose response in that log file ?

We thought of a "1-shot" test to try in the OIR by checking for "name" = <testfilenameX>, to see if we can get anything to return a TRUE response, but after that we can only escalate the call with PTC and write an enhancement request that will no doubt be ignored for v9.1

It would be nice if we could go straight up to v10.0 or v10.1 but the restrictions imposed by the application compatability matrix mean that we have to start with v9.1

UPDATE : We have just upgraded to v10.2 M020 and this does work now.  We have also tested it in v10.2 M030.

Hi Nicola

I need your help, similarly i need to separate CAD files in CAD Document folder and all Documents files in Document folder.

also i need all Promotion request should go to PR folder.

please suggest me code for above mention two cases.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Sharan.

Set the default folders in the OIR for each object type.

I agree.  If you just want to sort Types into folders, then its easy to do this in the OIRs.

If you want to sort by MCAD Authoring Application (which by default all use the same Type), then you either have to create sub-types and setup an OIR for each of them, or if you are running v10.2 you can use the conditional logic shown above.  I can confirm this works in v10.2 and we have all our Pro/E and Creo-Parametric files going into one folder, and all the SolidWorks files going into another folder automatically.