cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

in promotion request need to go back to intial screen to approve

nirreitman
4-Participant

in promotion request need to go back to intial screen to approve

When approving a change task/promotion request you need to go back a few screen to approve once you pressed the link to investigate the cad files.

this wasnt the situation in 9.1.any plans to fix?

6 REPLIES 6

Same in 9.1, if you open a SPR with PTC, they will tell you this is intended functionality.

If you open the Task Assistant, you're able to go always back to the task.

task_assistant1.png

This task assistant window stays open until you save or close it.

task_assistant2.png

Thanks. I would certainly try your suggetsion .

kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:nirreitman)

I've been addressing this by customizing the Task Form Templates (WC 10.2 M020). Guide and Help Center have some good info to get you started. I've ben working with Change Management and including Affected and resulting Objects tables in Task Forms so you can directly access data from the Task. In 9.1 I think you can include the entire Info Page to the effect of embedding the PBO in the Task Form. I'd be surprised if you can't include data elements from a Promotion Request.

I want to say I recall some indications from "the mother ship" (PTC) that an upcoming release (not sure if it's 10.3 or 10.2 @ M030) will make this much easier.

In Windchill 10.2 M030 we are adding a new capability called User Focused Task Pages - with this capability an administrator can configure a Workflow Activity with attributes, actions and tables from the Primary Business Object (PBO) of the workflow - the item which the workflow is against. This can be configured againtst any object.

The tables will enable you to see and work with data from the PBO. Below is an example of a Table from a Resulting Objects table showing the actions one can do right from the Workflow Activity

ctwf.png

There will be several OOTB workflow Activity Templates available for Change and Promotion that are provided - but since this is an MOR you will need to configure them in - we cannot insert them automagically.

kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:JeffZemsky)

Jeff - this looks really good!

Will we still be able to leverage custom task forms? Others have discussed adding hyperlinks to external targets for things like instructions on completing a WF Task and I'm wondering if this will still be possible or if an alternate approach needs to be looked at.

Top Tags