cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

link between WTPart and WTDoc for 15.000 files as "described by" relation out of a spreadsheet

JV_8742917
5-Regular Member

link between WTPart and WTDoc for 15.000 files as "described by" relation out of a spreadsheet

Hello everybody,

we have ~15.000 files (.pdf/.zip) which we like to import into our Windchill 11.0 M030 system. The upload and the manually setting of the correct version we already can do by our own. The missing last step is the link between the existing WTParts and the new added WTDocs as "described by" documents (version depending). Is there a way to use a spreadsheet which connects the filename with the WTPart Number (materialnummer), maybe with interim step adding the document numbers to it?

I read the Windchill help, but I miss the right keyword to get to a solution. Would be great if you can give me a solution note.

Best Regards, 

Johannes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This exact process is addressed in this document, page 72.

https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/169024/en/WCDataLoadGuide.pdf

Make sure for each document whether to use <csvPartDocReference> tag or <csvPartDocDescribes> tag as applies for the object type or sub type.

This procedure takes as a given that both WTPart and WTDocument exist in the system; different process to create and associate in one step.

I can provide an example if needed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This exact process is addressed in this document, page 72.

https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/169024/en/WCDataLoadGuide.pdf

Make sure for each document whether to use <csvPartDocReference> tag or <csvPartDocDescribes> tag as applies for the object type or sub type.

This procedure takes as a given that both WTPart and WTDocument exist in the system; different process to create and associate in one step.

I can provide an example if needed.

JV_8742917
5-Regular Member
(To:MikeLockwood)

Thank you for your precise and fast support.

I am so far that I know I have to define a XML file with the informations for all Documents and load it by Windchill Shell in this style (concret example):

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE NmLoader SYSTEM "standardX20.dtd">

<NmLoader>

<csvPartDocDescribes handler="wt.part.LoadPart.createPartDoc

Describes">

<csvdocNumber>0000001598</csvdocNumber>

<csvdocVersion>A</csvdocVersion>

<csvpartNumber>ME6994</csvpartNumber>

</csvPartDocDescribes>

</NmLoader>

Since you offered it, can you help me with the XML file? At the moment I am not familiar with the creation process. In the meantime I test it as you can see in the attachment, but I don't the result in the Windchill system. What's wrong? It seems that the xml is not right, the soure is in the .zip and was converted succesful?!

Example attached.

A bit more to this to start with Excel, convert to xml.

JV_8742917
5-Regular Member
(To:MikeLockwood)

It works fine. For all who want's to do something same attached the csv file and the result of the CSV2XML conversion tool. Thx for the good support here!

Top Tags