cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

new context

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

new context

We have the Product context called Machine as the top level. I found where the person who set up the system had created a ACEMP Product template for the Machine product. We are now moving the design forward and to keep designs separate, we want to create a context named NexGen.

I go to the product top level, hit the Create new product icon, give it a name and then select the ACEMP Product template. When I hit OK, the system comes back with a pop=up window saying it cannot find the ACEMP Product template. I have found the template and looked at it. Everything is built from the /default structure, so this template should work on any new Product context.

The original ACEMP Product template was built at Windchill 8 and I am now running Windchill 10.0 m040. Does this make a difference? Being stored in Oracle, I would have thought it would have been updated by the update process.

If anyone has any ideas of what I need to do, let me know. I will keep researching and reading to find out what is needed. I have created new products before but that was back at Windchill 7 and that version did not ask for a template when creating new Products.

Ben

Windchill 10.0 mo4o

Creo 2 M200

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You'll very likely see that Type using Type & Attribute Manager.  Select Document then expand below it.

Doesn't hurt to create the Product from this template - can delete the access control rule at any time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Is the product template enabled?

If all else fails, save the existing product as a product template and create from it.

There is a reference to a ACEMPdocument in the template file and this file cannot be found. The person who initially setup Windchill here deleted almost all of his notes when we left and did not tell others how he set the system up. He was gone about a year before I arrived.

The lines are:

<AccessControlRule>

<domainName>/Default</domainName>

<externalTypeId>WCTYPE|wt.doc.WTDocument|com.usec.ACEMPdocument

</externalTypeId>

I have no idea what this document is referring to, but these statements are in the existing product template file 6 times.

There is another section that references com.usec.AnalysisDocument, later in the file. This may also give an error if I get the ACEMPdocument error fixed.

Do the Windhill 11 manuals do a better job of explaining this than the 10.0 ones and is the information still valid for 10.0?

You'll very likely see that Type using Type & Attribute Manager.  Select Document then expand below it.

Doesn't hurt to create the Product from this template - can delete the access control rule at any time.

I created a new ACEMPDocument under the WTDocument and the new product context created with no issues.

After looking at the Type Manager, I think they changed the naming and created sub-types under a different name.

I think I just copied the existing ACEMP Context template to NexGen. I should have exported the current active one to see what that would have looked like. I may do this and see if the ACEMPDocument is still referenced.

Top Tags