cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

problem with "scroll ability" in PDMlink 9.0 m010

bockpa
1-Newbie

problem with "scroll ability" in PDMlink 9.0 m010

I am thrown for a loop on this one..

I have two machines, both have the same hardware, both built with the same "ghost" image. Both have the same version of Pro/e and Internet Explorer.

On one machine, I can use the scroll wheel on the mouse to scroll, albeit slowly, up and down the workspace, both in the embedded browser and in a standalone browser. Also the "up" and "down" arrow buttons on the scroll bar allow scrolling, screenful at a time, up and down through the workspace.

On the second machine, The scroll wheel doesn't work to scroll through the workspace, nor do the up and down arrows. Same, lack of behavior, on both the embedded broswser and a standalone browser.

I even tried the same mouse on both machines.

On the notion that maybe the workspace scroll bar is controlled by javascript, I checked that other javascript functions of the page worked properly.

Any ideas? I think this might be a browser setting?

Paul Bock

Avox Systems

6 REPLIES 6

In Reply to Paul Bock:

Hi Paul,

did you find a solution for this? We have the same isssue here with Windchill 9.1 M030, just at a bunch of clients.

Thanks,

Dieter.

I am thrown for a loop on this one..

I have two machines, both have the same hardware, both built with the same "ghost" image. Both have the same version of Pro/e and Internet Explorer.

On one machine, I can use the scroll wheel on the mouse to scroll, albeit slowly, up and down the workspace, both in the embedded browser and in a standalone browser. Also the "up" and "down" arrow buttons on the scroll bar allow scrolling, screenful at a time, up and down through the workspace.

On the second machine, The scroll wheel doesn't work to scroll through the workspace, nor do the up and down arrows. Same, lack of behavior, on both the embedded broswser and a standalone browser.

I even tried the same mouse on both machines.

On the notion that maybe the workspace scroll bar is controlled by javascript, I checked that other javascript functions of the page worked properly.

Any ideas? I think this might be a browser setting?

Paul Bock

Avox Systems

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:bockpa)

A user here reported that if you hover your mouse over the scrollbar,
the scrollwheel works. Remember, the list being "generated" dynamically
as you scroll via javascript. This is different that normal HTML where
it all exists on the page. This is why there is that lag, refresh
behavior.

Believe it or not, it is related to the width of the scroll bar in Windows. On Xp do the following to check:

Right Click on the desktop and pick properties. Select the Appearance Tab, then the Advanced button.

Select Scrollbar in the 'Item' dropdown, and make sure the size is set to 19 or less.
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:bockpa)

The user I was talking to said his was set to 16 and it still didn't
work. Had to hover over scrollbar.

Incredible! It's true. How did you check this out?

Thanks a lot. Saved a lot of time.

Dieter.

Believe it or not, it is related to the width of the scroll bar in Windows. On Xp do the following to check:

Right Click on the desktop and pick properties. Select the Appearance Tab, then the Advanced button.

Select Scrollbar in the 'Item' dropdown, and make sure the size is set to 19 or less.

Deiter, Paul, et al;
Ran into something similar. The scrolling of the Workspace Object List from inside Wildfire worked on some machines and not on others. The solution this this problem was to set the width of the scrollbar to 19 pixels or less. That's right, the width of the scrollbar!

- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display > Appearance Tab > Advanced > Scrollbar- Set it to 19 or lower.
Best Regards,
Ira
www.prohomepage.com
Top Tags