cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

procedure to rename the URL of windchill app

ManojC
1-Newbie

procedure to rename the URL of windchill app

Hi ,

I have one instance up running fine with it's host name in it's URL, but the requirement is to have an alias instead of actual HOST name.

is rehost is solution for it or do we have any shortcut solution for it.

earlier I tried to rehost only filesystem by changing all occurences of host name in WT_HOME and ldif file but failed to make it up .. I was getting administrative domian error .. later I restore it back ..

Now, looking for solution to rename the URL? because whenever I tried to log in with Alias I get two authentication prompts one for alias and one for actual host name .. need to have only one prompt ..

4 REPLIES 4
tswett
12-Amethyst
(To:ManojC)

What version of Windchill are you running?

Download the PTC rehosting guide for your version of Windchill and it should tell you the different locations to change because there are multiple locations. You have to change the name in some codebase properties files, Apache config files, the LDIF (as you attempted), and multiple database tables.

Windchill Rehost Guide for Windchill 9.1

Windchill Rehosting Guide for Windchill10.0 and 10.1

ManojC
1-Newbie
(To:tswett)

even if I try on same machine, i.e localhost/Windchill i am getting two prompts but where as in other machine it is not the case, i checked apache configuration, it seems to be same.. not getting it why it is happening .. do i have to do any apache configuration for this ??/

ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst
(To:ManojC)

Are you using Windchill 10.2? There was a change in the way authentication works on 10.2 in an effort to increase security. This change will result in double authentication prompts if you use an alias (any hostname other than the hostname defined in the wt.rmi.server.hostname property) to access Windchill. This includes the 'localhost' alias. But, if you use the exact URL defined in the wt.server.codebase property to access Windchill, then you should only get prompted for authentication once.

Hi everyone ..

Thank you for the answered providec..

Yes i am using 10.2 version .. so it means that it is normal in 10.2 if we get 2 authentication prompts if we use other alias name to access.

But for now, I have found another work around to this solution.

I used mod_rewrite module in apache configuration and now i am able to get single prompt even if I use any alias including localhost.

Top Tags