cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

publishing job got stuck

Dmi3U
15-Moonstone

publishing job got stuck

Hi All!

I have a publishing job which I can not delete. I already restarted my cadworker and rebooted the server but it is still showing the status as executing. If I try to delete it in WVS Job Monitor it says "One or more jobs are not deleted" It caused a huge backlog of jobs. HELP!!!

Dmitry

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:Dmi3U)

Delete the queue entry

In the past when I haven't been able to restart the job by restarting Windchill, I've had to reach out to TS to update the queue entry in the database manually to something like FAILED so that it could be handled more gracefully in the UI.

Joe

mmuth
1-Newbie
(To:Dmi3U)

I've occassionally had to delete the queue, and then recreate it.

Mary-Ann

Hi Dmitry,

Sometimes it is hard to delete the queue when it is hung/still/executing running and has not completed. Sometimes you have to force it to fail by turning off your CAD worker that job is sent to. You might get more unwanted failures than you expected. Then republish those.

You can put a timeout?

What I normally do is to create multiple CAD workers on a single machine to greatly improve performance and to allow other publishing to occur if I disable both the worker and the publishing queue#.

In Reply to Dmitry Ushamirsky:

Hi All!

I have a publishing job which I can not delete. I already restarted my cadworker and rebooted the server but it is still showing the status as executing. If I try to delete it in WVS Job Monitor it says "One or more jobs are not deleted" It caused a huge backlog of jobs. HELP!!!

Dmitry

Top Tags