cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

purging iterations

BRIANHOLDERBAUM
1-Newbie

purging iterations

after moving to version A.3 how do you remove iterations A.1 and A.2?? i would appreciate any help that can be given

Thanks in advance

Brian

7 REPLIES 7

You can use the OTB function "Purge" to achieve your goal.

The Purge tab located at site-->utilities-->Purge Manager.

You should establish the purge rules first,then you establish the job to execute purge task.If your purge task execute successfull,you will find the iterations have been purged.And if you want to purge the document/EPMDocument from the external vault ,you should also execute the "remove unreferenced files",then the entity will be remove from the filevault,and you can save much space.

I have used this function for many times,if you have any questions,let me know it please.

I need to purge some older iterations of a family table can you help guide me? I found the purge command and collector but can't where to specify the part number

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:kaudibert)

Do NOT purge items from a family table! That is asking for trouble.

A family table is a single file. There are no separate files for instances to be purged. 

I understand that but the user deleted the instances which are not needed. Wish he just left them in there and now it's a mess. Trying to clean it up.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:kaudibert)

Do you have an older version of the generic that can restore the deleted instances?

Actually that is not the problem. The user wants to delete some of the instances but it has been iterated 42 times but still at revision.

Got the purge to work but now CS has 1.40 with the older instances and 1.42 without the unwanted instances so I renamed them to bad_xxxxx so they don't show up in a search but they are still there.

I figured it out, purging is done on a folder so you need to create a temp folder to put the objects you want to purge into that folder. Create the collection and the schedule the job.

Top Tags