cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

query builder reports

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

query builder reports

We've purchased Cognos reporting but haven't yet installed or learned to use it. In the meantime, we're relying on Query Builder. Need some help ona few specific relationships.

Please advise how to build reports that include:

a) Attachments to a Change Request or Change Notice

b)Elements of the routing / process history for a Change Request or Change Notice workflow (who approved as what Role on what date)

thank you

6 REPLIES 6

We have the same requirements. Will be very handy to find out about it.

thanks,
Dmtiry

Folks,

The attached screenshots should give you what you need to get started.

Best regards,

-----

Lewis

Lewis,

What version/release of Windchill are you using?

Matthew Yacono (x7559)

We are on Windchill 7.0 foundation, but I don't believe the relationships between workflows,workitemsand primary business objects have changed with the later releases (I am sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken).Depending on how you are using the change process you might need to use a different change object. Promotion requests are a separate object though, you will need a different query if you want to work with those.

-----

Lewis

I know a lot of the change object relationships have changed from 8 to 9, but I tried your suggestions with much success!

Thanks!

Matthew Yacono (x7559)

I am glad you were successful, I thought this might also be useful for you.

The attached file shows screenshots from another Change related query I use to provide monthly metrics to Engineering managment, it shows how to do joins between the change objects, affected data, lifecycle historyand string attribute values.

String Value Joins to ChangeRequest.

Change Request to Change Activity.

Change Activity to Change Record.

Change Recordto WTPart.

WTPart to Lifecycle History.

Good luck and best regards,

-----

Lewis

Top Tags