cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

"Add to Project" not available for administrator

CraigFinney
7-Bedrock

"Add to Project" not available for administrator

In Windchill the "Add to Project" is not always available for an object.   One administrator cannot see it, although all groups and profile settings are the same as two others and they get the action option.    The option also disappears randomly for other users with the correct permissions to share objects from a library to the project.

A work around, Checkout the object and Undo Checkout seems to allow the Action item to reappear, but a refresh of the browser and the action is gone again.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi CraigFinney

Thank you for your question.

I encourage you to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry. This will make it easier for you to receive meaningful help from other Community members.

Regards,
Andra

Not sure how to make it clearer.  I am an admin in Windchill, as is my coworker Bob (exact same permissions/groups). 

On the same object in a library context, one of us can see the "Add to Project" Action,  The other cannot.  For the admin who cannot, clearing browser cache / server cache has no effect to bring the action into view.  

My workaround does, check out and undo checkout bring the action back, which could disappear again later.

Running Windchill 12.0.2.11.

Do you both have the same profile in your accounts?

Yes.  Identical profiles and groups, just different name, login ID and email address.

Top Tags