cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

"As stored" option in windchill?

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

"As stored" option in windchill?

Is there an "As stored" option in Windchill like there was in Intralink? I need one. We did not do a baseline, and something happened to a top-down model reference. I'd like to go back and fix it easily if possible.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Ok, answered myy own question: Yes, but you have to dig for it in the advanced "add to workspace, as it's TOTALLY buried as a "filter". do an "Edit Filter" and you can "Choose a Type:" Choose "As Stored" and add it to the "To Be Applie" window.

Way more difficult than Intralink..............

Ok, so, I'm trying to go back to an earlier version, and Windchill WILL NOT let me add anythign bu the "Latest" to my Workspace. Not happy, I believe I SHOULD be able to open earlier versions, so I can look at and see if I need to delete the lates. What the??????? Great functionality............not.....

Hello Franck,

what is your windchill version ?

Normally, As Stored should work, not really as Intralink does (only suppositions fromcolleagues, I never used Ilink by myself ), notably for drawings if you collect from an assembly ...

If drawings were not checked in at the same time as your CAD assy, the windchill collector will not collect them, cause they are not in the "as stored baseline" ...

and I remember that in some case , the Intralink to Windchill migrator do not the job for as stored baselines ...

please find a SQL query ... it list caddocs present in the as stored baseline from a top assy. may be the baseline does not exist anymore ....

An EPMDoc iteration can only have one "OWNER" as stored baseline, even if this iteration can be in several as stored baseline (all its used by assemblies, or drawings ...)

select epmm.DOCUMENTNUMBER, epm.VERSIONIDA2VERSIONINFO, epm.ITERATIONIDA2ITERATIONINFO, epm.ida2a2,lnk.IDA3A5,lnk.OWNER

from EPMDocumentMaster epmm, EPMDocument epm, EPMAsStoredMember lnk,EPMAsStoredConfig cnf

where epm.IDA3MASTERREFERENCE = epmm.IDA2A2

and epm.ida2a2 = lnk.IDA3B5

and lnk.IDA3A5 = cnf.IDA2A2

and cnf.IDA2A2 in (select cnf2.IDA2A2

from EPMAsStoredConfig cnf2,EPMAsStoredMember lnk2,EPMDocumentMaster epmm2, EPMDocument epm2

where cnf2.IDA2A2 = lnk2.IDA3A5

and lnk2.owner = '1'

and lnk2.IDA3B5 = epm2.ida2a2

and epm2.IDA3MASTERREFERENCE = epmm2.IDA2A2

and epmm2.DOCUMENTNUMBER = 'BID0008DA.DRW' // EPMDoc number

and epm2.VERSIONIDA2VERSIONINFO = '1' // EPMDoc version

and epm2.ITERATIONIDA2ITERATIONINFO = '2'); // EPMDoc iteration

regards

Gregory

Hey Gregory. Thanks for the reply, I'm using 10. I managed to solve the problem another way because I couldn't get it to work right. Intralink didn't need "baselines" to retrieve "as stored", and since this is a preliminary design, I hadn't bothered doing a baseline. we only do that for approved revisions.

I'm not given the power to really do anything in windchill like that, the admins in corporate have it all locked down, but I'll pass that on. Thanks again!

Franck,

the "as stored baseline" are automatically created by PDMLink at each CADDocument checkin . You do not have to create manually a baseline like for a WTpart BOM...

When you use "as stored" in the filter, PDMlink look the first initially selected CADDocuments in the collector, to find the as stored baseline created during the checkin (which contains all the required dependencies (sub assy , sub components , etc ... in fact you will find in this baseline the same objects that are present in the checkin table ...))

That's why you can have a different results if you select first the assembly , or the drawing of this assembly ... depending if they were checked in at the same time or not ....

And why in most of time, we can not ask for a top assy , with all related drawings for sub components ...

or you have to check the box "use latest for unresolved dependencies"

Top Tags