cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

"Move" Action is not available in ProjectLink

brian.schupbach
1-Newbie

"Move" Action is not available in ProjectLink

I commonly use the "move' action in PDMLink to move objects, but this action does not appear to be available in ProjectLink? Is this truly the case, or is there just an issue with user permissions?

I have been using "cut and paste" as a workaround but his is far from ideal for this type of function.

Thank you,
Brian

4 REPLIES 4

What are your trying to do?

Folder to folder within a project? (should be simple)

Move between projects? (could be complex)

Move stuff out of the Project context? (have to use different commands)

It could be complex access control, or it could be a Profile setting that has the "Move" command turned off when inside a project.

Raymond Ford
Manager, CAD Engineering Services
Solar Turbines Inc
San Diego, California

The "Move" command is simply not available in the actions menu so I don't know which of the "move scenarios" are possible. I could not find anything in the documentation and PTC Support said that this functionality is not available in ProjectLink. Just want to see if this is really true.

Thanks,

Brian

RussPratt
5-Regular Member
(To:brian.schupbach)

Within a Project, the Cut/Paste actions affect the same results as a Move. All iterations/history of the object are moved to the resulting "Paste" target. If used on a folder, all subfolders and object contents are moved as well.

Russ

Thanks for the info. I have tried this. One limitation of "cut and paste" is you don't get the opportunity to collect related objects and can easily miss one. It just doesn't seem logical that the Move function would be left out of ProjectLink when it is something that is pretty common.

Regards,

Brian

Top Tags