cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

"Not editable in workspace"

MichaelHepburn
1-Newbie

"Not editable in workspace"

I work with packaging equipment design and in many cases, we update an revise assemblies on a regular basis. I designed a product a while back and it was all modelled and checked into the Windchill server. We then made some additions to the design by opening and saving a copy of an existing part. I modified the copy and inserted the new part into the exiting assembly. Then when I try to save and upload, it tells me that the parts that I used to make the new ones are not editable in workspace. I am a relatively new (3 months) Windchill user, so hopefully I am just overlooking to do something. ANy help would be great...thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Generally while working in Windchill you should take care not to work on local disk.

you should checkout ,modify, and then checkin the assembly.

Still then if you have made changes locally in your computer, then the following steps might help you

1. Check out the part or assembly to workspace. (Do not open the workspace part or assembly in pro-e)

2. Then open the part or assembly from local disk

3. Save the part or assembly(Ignore the warning message which says it will replace the exhisting file and press ok)

4. Then yor data in workspace will be shown as modified locally.

5. Upload and Checkin the data

I hope this will help you.

Top Tags