cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

"Save As" Failure using Creo-Parametric 2.0, and Windchill 10.1

ptc-1526604
1-Newbie

"Save As" Failure using Creo-Parametric 2.0, and Windchill 10.1

I'm hoping can help me out here. When trying to do as "save as" of existing assembly model in the workspace, I get a conflict/failure. The error message is ""Cannot have multiple usagelinks to the same child part with Completed or To Be Built occurrences" .I don't have a clue as to what this means. I placed a case yesterday and got a call from PTC. Unfortunately, the Tech Support guy had no idea what the error meant, or a possible work-around. I tried an escalate this morning, but have heard nothing. I have some very large assemblies I need to "save as", and I really don't have the couple of days it would take to re-model. I've attached a jpeg of the error. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Russ

1 REPLY 1

Have you any WTparts links to your CAD assembly ? With a BOM ?

Seems to have in the WTpart BOM (usage link) the same child twice

try to update the the WTpart BOM to get one usage link with the full quantity, instead of having several link. And then use the CAD 2 Part comparator (menu action on the CAD assembly info page ) to synch the BOM. before trying to save as

Or if you can not update the WTpart BOM, on one of your double child, try in the PSB. right click menu / CAD / and set for build to "no" . To avoid the CAD 2 Part structure to be in Synch

regards

Top Tags