cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

"Team sign-off” capability - allow one person to sign off on an "all" task

gmontgomery
2-Guest

"Team sign-off” capability - allow one person to sign off on an "all" task

What possibilities exist for enabling a group member or role participant to sign-off on a task for the entire group or role?

We would like to be able to add one or more container-level (i.e. controllable by container manager) groups of people to any workflow assignment, and require only one person from any given group to respond, regardless of whether the task is an “any” or “all” ask. I use the word “group” in a completely generic sense, not to pre-suppose a certain implementation.

To give a specific example, say we are doing a board review of a change request. That is an “all” task. We want to be able to assign groups A, B and C to the task and require all groups to respond, but only one person from each group. It’s like a combination of an “all” and an “any”. A, B and C could be, for example, Engineering, Manufacturing and Sustainment, where review is needed by any one person from each."

This is a basic capability (proxy or aliased task completion) that would greatly improve process throughput for us. Example: A Quality sign-off where folks on the Quality team are often traveling or on on the shop floor. Members of this team are basically interchangeable and should therefore be able to work a queue in team fashion. Delegation and re-assign are not appropriate in these cases.

Has anyone achieved something similar or aware of alternate approach to similar outcome?

Regards,

Greg Montgomery

1 REPLY 1

Greg,

If you create a Windchill group (exp: QA), and add that group to the workflow role (Product Team), doesn't that allow any one memberof that group to be the voter?

I'm thinking this would allow you to have an "and" requirement for the workflow role, but also allow "any" member of the group to fulfill this task.

Might be worth a try.

Steve

Top Tags