cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

"used by non-latest version" WC does not recognize dependency, how to fix?

DL_954020
1-Newbie

"used by non-latest version" WC does not recognize dependency, how to fix?

Good afternoon!

Thanks for taking a look. 

I'm going to apologize in advance, I probably have some of the terminology wrong.

We are running WC v12.0.2.1

We are writing MIL-STD-40051 documents with Arbortext and storing in WC.  The parent documents usually have at least two dependents (REMOVE instructions and INSTALL instructions),.  They sometimes several pairs of REMOVE and INSTALL instructions to cover different models. 

The child documents are included using an xi:include, referencing the child's WC ID, for example,

href="x-wc://file=0004567890.xml"

In several parent documents, WC seems to have lost track of the dependency status of the child documents. 

The xi:include command still works correctly.  If I open the parent document in Arbortext, WC populates all the child documents via xi:include. 

The problem is that since WC does not recognize one or more of the child files as a dependent, when I open the parent file in Arbortext, check it out, and check the box to check out all dependents, the child documents that WC does not recognize as dependents are not checked out automatically.  

For a single child, this is a minor inconvenience, but when 7 of them are not checking out, it's inconvenient enough that I'd like to fix it. 

WC only 1 dependent.png

If this was working correctly, WC would be showing two dependents, the install (showing) and the remove task (missing).

Looking at the child task which is "missing" from the parent structure, WC shows the child is a dependent of the non-latest version of the parent. 

wc dependent non-latest version.png

My install fragment WAS a dependent of my parent file in rev A.1 of the parent file. Then for some reason WC stopped recognizing it as a dependent. 

What do I need to do to get WC to recognize the "lost" child files as dependents again?

Thanks, 

Dan

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags