cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

rename error 9.1 m070

WayneBeck
1-Newbie

rename error 9.1 m070

I keep getting this error on a few files i would like to rename.

Cannot change identity of object "EPM Document Master.020-0395-00.prt" to "020-0395-00.PRT" because new identity is not unique.

on the rename screen I am putting in a new name of 020-0395-xx.prt so I dont understand why I am gettig this error.

9 REPLIES 9

Hi Wayne,

Do you get the same error when you try different values than
020-0395-xx.PRT? How is the Number field calculated in your system?

Thank you,
Zack

Zachary D. Alexander
Systems Manager
ProductSpace Solutions Inc.
Phone: 630-495-2999 Ex. 8104
Cell: 630-460-4905

yes I can put anything in for the new name and i get this error. the number field is set to match the Name field.

Thanks,
BWC

Wayne Beck
-<">mailto:->

What is the value of the following preferences: Site > Utilites >
Preference Manager > Windchill Workgroup Manager > Client > Synchronize
Number and File Name?

Also, can you post the OIRs set for this object?

Thank you,
Zack

Zachary D. Alexander
Systems Manager

It is set to yes.

<attributevalues objtype="wt.epm.EPMDocument">

<attrvalue algorithm="com.ptc.core.foundation.folder.server.impl.FolderPathAttributeAlgorithm" id="folder.id"><arg>/Default</arg></attrvalue>

<attrvalue algorithm="com.ptc.core.foundation.lifecycle.server.impl.LifeCycleTemplateAttributeAlgorithm" id="lifeCycle.id"><arg>

Midmark_Standard

</arg></attrvalue>

<attrvalue algorithm="com.ptc.core.foundation.team.server.impl.TeamTemplateAttributeAlgorithm" id="teamTemplate.id"><arg>Default</arg></attrvalue>

<attrvalue id="number"><attr id="name"/"></attrvalue>

<attrvalue algorithm="com.ptc.core.foundation.vc.server.impl.VersionInfoGenerator" id="MBA|versionInfo"><arg>wt.series.HarvardSeries.Midmark</arg></attrvalue>

<attrconstraint algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints" id="lifeCycle.id"><value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerAssignedConstraint"/"><value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetImmutableConstraint"/"></attrconstraint><attrconstraint algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints" id="lifeCycle"><value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerAssignedConstraint"/"><value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetImmutableConstraint"/"></attrconstraint><attrconstraint algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints" id="folder.id"><value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerPreGeneratedValue"/"></attrconstraint><attrconstraint algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints" id="number"><value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerAssignedConstraint"/"><value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetImmutableConstraint"/"></attrconstraint><attrconstraint algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints" id="teamTemplate.id"><value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerAssignedConstraint"/"><value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetImmutableConstraint"/"></attrconstraint><attrconstraint algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints" id="teamTemplate"><value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerAssignedConstraint"/"><value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetImmutableConstraint"/"></attrconstraint><attrconstraint algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints" id="organization.id"><value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerPreGeneratedValue"><value algorithm="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.org.server.impl.OwningOrgDefaultAlgorithm"/"></value></attrconstraint></attributevalues>

Thanks,
BWC

Wayne Beck

The OIRs look good. Are you experiencing this problem with any other
objects? Has this happened in the past or just recently?

Try setting that preference to "No" and try the rename again. The Number
field is already synced to the "name" field in the OIR so you shouldn't
need the Preference as well.

Zachary D. Alexander
Systems Manager

it happens randomly on files. It has happened before in the past. To fix it we would completely remove it from the system and bring it back in. I can't do that with this one. I changed the setting and received the same result.

Thanks,
BWC

Wayne Beck
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:WayneBeck)

Is that part in someone's workspace but not checked in yet? Do you have admin access?

I do have admin access. It could be in someone's workspace but it is not checked out to anyone.

Thanks,
BWC

Wayne Beck
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:WayneBeck)

Both filename AND number have to be unique. Is it possible that you have a cad object whose filename matches that?
Top Tags