cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

replication mount issue

WayneBeck
1-Newbie

replication mount issue

A few months ago I successfully setup a replication system on a physical box. I am now trying to setup another replication system on a virtual enviroment. I am using the same OS and same user account. I have followed my instructions I created the first time around. For some reason I am getting a mount error. I have checked permissions of the folder and the cert has been added. Any help would be great.

2 REPLIES 2
StevenKo
5-Regular Member
(To:WayneBeck)

Try validate the mount, if it failed, make sure master serverhas read andwriteaccess toreplica folder and subfolder name "MOUNT_VALIDATION_DATA" windchill need to be able write in that folder in order to validate.

Also depends on how your vm network setup, have static or dynamic ip. It could happen if master cannot resolve dns for replica vm after vm restarted then unable to mount folder.

Yes, try to validate the mount, if there is error, there are some places you should check out:

- make sure your Master PLM Method Server Log does return serveral log message as follow when started up.
星期四 9/15/11 07:12:00: Thread-8: Message from StandardGenericTransportService: entering send0...http://bostonContentR.applefun.com/Windchill/servlet/WindchillGW (make sure there isn't error in it)

- Share folder Access Rights. Make sure you have network share drive setup and can read/write (optional, just testing connection problem)

- c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts hosts file should include ip address and the servername.domain.com, usually we mount the drive path to host domain name, but did not registrar the ip addess to DNS, which causes replication server can not be found.

there are lots of places that can go wrong, you might want to give us more details on which part of your error is?

Joe Chen
xPTC@Taiwan

Top Tags