cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

reuse windchill system parameters in DTI

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite

reuse windchill system parameters in DTI

Hi, I have been looking for some time into how I reuse certain Parameters from windchill in my Excel or Word templates.

I can easily see the majority of parameters and reuse these, however I would like to see who last modified the document. If I look at the windchill database it shows who last modified the file quite easily but I simply cannot get this into my documents.

Please someone can you tell me the correct syntax to drive this into excel. 

I have support with one of the main resellers and they are not making any headway on this for me. 

the parameter appears on the windchill page as "Modified by"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gmehta
5-Regular Member
(To:RoyCrerar)

You need to add this to the msoimap file on your server.

Backup your files before making any changes!!!!!!!

XXXX\Windchill\codebase\com\ptc\windchill\enterprise\nativeapp\msoi\server\msoimap.xml

in the <type key="wt.doc.WTDocument"> section you have to add

<attribute>
           <ms_name>Doc ModifiedBy Name</ms_name>
           <wt_name>modifier.name</wt_name>
           <display>true</display>
           <attrFormat>string</attrFormat>
</attribute>

No need for MS resetart etc. Just open doucment again from WC and you should see new attribute "name" this is the last person who modified the doc last.

Check out this PTC article it explains a lot more about the msoimap file.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS36657&language=en&posno=1&q=CS36657&source=search

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gmehta
5-Regular Member
(To:RoyCrerar)

You need to add this to the msoimap file on your server.

Backup your files before making any changes!!!!!!!

XXXX\Windchill\codebase\com\ptc\windchill\enterprise\nativeapp\msoi\server\msoimap.xml

in the <type key="wt.doc.WTDocument"> section you have to add

<attribute>
           <ms_name>Doc ModifiedBy Name</ms_name>
           <wt_name>modifier.name</wt_name>
           <display>true</display>
           <attrFormat>string</attrFormat>
</attribute>

No need for MS resetart etc. Just open doucment again from WC and you should see new attribute "name" this is the last person who modified the doc last.

Check out this PTC article it explains a lot more about the msoimap file.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS36657&language=en&posno=1&q=CS36657&source=search

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite
(To:gmehta)

Thanks for your reply. I have already attempted this method and it doesn't seem to work for me. The support team have also looked at my updated msoimap and cannot work out why it is not giving me the results I need. Thanks for the help.

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite
(To:gmehta)

Thanks for your input. I attempted this a number of times then eventually it worked. The user name doesn't appear where I expected or named in as per the ms_name. It appears in Users/ User Name.

Top Tags