cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

search for dimension in drawing by windchill

jtorres
5-Regular Member

search for dimension in drawing by windchill

Is possible to search a dimension in 2D by this page in windchill?

jtorres_0-1683290598672.png

Is possible to search a dimension in 3D by dimension 3D, in windchill too.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
d_graham
17-Peridot
(To:jtorres)

It is possible by creating a designated parameter in the drawing and a relation to link the designated parameter to the appropriate parameter.

Then you’d create a corresponding attribute in Windchill.

You could then search on the corresponding attribute.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello,

I guess when you are speaking about the MBD Models, which has 3D dimensions in it. If you are checking in CAD data into the windchill, it's going to send metadata into the DB (like type, number, name etc.) and physical model files will go into the vault. Windchill Database will not have a details about your the geometry and it's MBD notes or dimensions.

That's why windchill will not have a control to index that information, That's the reason why it's not possible to search using 3D or 2D dimensions in windchill using search functionality.

Regards,
Hemant Chaugule

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Short answer no but you can index drawings and search for text like in notes. 

Dobi
15-Moonstone
(To:avillanueva)

If your publishing is working and you have PDFs generated as Published Content links, search will look into content of the WTDocuments... 

I agree with @avillanueva - We index here and if you enable indexing of CAD content, it is searchable

jbailey_0-1685034307827.png

Chris3
21-Topaz I

I haven't done this myself, but I believe that if the dimension is designated as a control characteristic, there is a way to find it in Windchill.

Capture.PNG

d_graham
17-Peridot

It is possible by creating a designated parameter in the drawing and a relation to link the designated parameter to the appropriate parameter.

Then you’d create a corresponding attribute in Windchill.

You could then search on the corresponding attribute.

jtorres
5-Regular Member
(To:d_graham)

Thanks, this solution may be used for me

Announcements

Top Tags