cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

security label

bdursunkaya-2
5-Regular Member

security label

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.2.9

Do you have an example template for Loading Objects with Security Labels from a Spreadsheet?
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @bdursunkaya-2 

I don't know if it is possible to do so.

Try to download a importable Spreadsheet with a Secirity Label.

Create a WTPart and set a Security Labels then export it to the importable Spreadsheet.

If the security labels will be in the Spreadsheet then it is possible to import it and you will have the example.

If you are not able to download the security labels to the importable Spreadsheet then It is not possible to import it by the Spreadsheet in my opinion.

PetrH

Here is an example:

avillanueva_0-1685449292631.png

Note that Security Labels are a single string in the database. So what you see is my label, "EXPORT_CONTROL" and its value after equals sign. The next column is an IBA for "USMLECCNCADCODE". Ensure that the security label column has "Security Labels" as its column header. You can use the standard Part import via spreadsheet. 

Have you found a way to set the labels back to null with this method?

What object types are you looking to load? Only parts/docs support load from spreadsheet. Here is the documentation on it...

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.2.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/SecurityLabelSpreadsheetObjLoad.html

If you export an importable spreadsheet on objects where security label values are null, the spreadsheet excludes the security labels column.  You will have to add it manually.  Where [SL_IV1].. IV2 .. IV3.. is the internal value of the label NAME.

So for example if you had a security label  Corp Proprietary with an internal name of CORP_PROP and values of YES, NO and then a multi value Security Label Security Code with an internal value of SEC_CODE and values of RED, GREEN, YELLOW, NO your cell would look like this:

CORP_PROP=YES|SEC_CODE=RED

There does seem to be a limitation where you can't set a value to null (set something that has a value to the null / no value.  

Security Labels
Security Labels
[SL_IV1]=YES||[SL_IV2]=YES||[SL_IV3]=YES|
Top Tags