cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

select revision at revise

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

select revision at revise

When creating a versioning scheme in Windchill 11.0 m030, we have the need to jump versions.

We initially create parts/documents at version A. These get revised to new versions up to a point where we decide to jump the version to version 0 for a production release. When I select the file for a Revise action, I am only getting the next version in my version table. It will not let me change the version to the numeric sequence in my version file.

What do I need to set to get the revision box to allow me to select my next revision?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

preference: Allow Override On Revise

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

preference: Allow Override On Revise

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

Mike got me the answer to allowing the version selection, but for some reason it is not allowing me full access to the versions I have loaded into Windchill. The default version for a new document is A, that is fine. When we revise, we may jump to 0 as the next version, but I can only enter alphas.

When I extract the version table, it is StateBased, the first version seed MILSTD at A and goes through AY. Then we have a seed NUMERIC which goes from 0 to 99.

Do I need to load a different versioning rule file?

PTC User presentation way back in 2007 was on this...

Revisions in the statebasedversioning.xml file have to organized in "seeds" (and loaded to the database).  Have to verify the database using -read for the load command.

Revise transitions in the lifecycle template have to be set up to Revise to the next seed that contains the desired Revision. OTB this is "NUMERIC" and "MIL-STD" for numbers, then letters.

Lots involved - complex.

Top Tags