cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

trying to install CPS18 in 12.0.2

rleir
17-Peridot

trying to install CPS18 in 12.0.2

Have got the PSI installer contained in CPS18 running, with LAX_VM $JAVA_HOME/bin/java

and with PATH extended to include Windchill/bin.

Also have a link to Corretto Java as
export JAVA_HOME='/opt/ptc/Windchill_12/Corretto11'
java -> /opt/ptc/Windchill_12/Corretto11/

But the Update icon is greyed no matter what I do.

Found the logfile for this in /tmp/user/PTCSOLNINSTALLER_PtcInstall.log containing 140K but no errors that I could see.

I found the psi_iir_index.xml file now. That's a clue: it is in a directory named PSI-Main. Maybe I need to cd to the parent directory before running the installer?

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:rleir)

Are you installing as the same user who installed Windchill previously? Seems like it does not know where in install registry from before is.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Are you installing as the same user who installed Windchill previously? Seems like it does not know where in install registry from before is.

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

Like Tony says you must run the installer with the same user it was previously ran with.

The installer is looking for ~/.ptc/windchill/psi_iir_index.xml

The contents of that much match up with a directory under PSI/installer/instreg

Will have name of something like

PSI/installer/instreg/ii-615d6,<some other chars>/

@rleir 

Or you can recreate the missing psi_iir_index.xml file in the correct local folder location.

I did it many times

PetrH

rleir
17-Peridot

@avillanueva @RandyJones @HelesicPetr 

Thanks team! All your answers are 'Solution'.  Chose first, would like to choose all.

Also useful: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS37842 "Update Existing Installation" or "Install Optional Component" option is disabled in PTC Solution Installer (PSI) when trying to update Windchill

Top Tags