cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

v12.2.1.2 - Need help exporting a large sum of records with attachments

PS_8816404
4-Participant

v12.2.1.2 - Need help exporting a large sum of records with attachments

I need to export a large sum of records including their attachments (within a specific date range) to give to a business team member. I know I can export the records to excel, but it doesnt include the attachments in the export. How do I do I also include the attachments in the export?

9 REPLIES 9

What type of primary objects?

Hi @PS_8816404 

Have you ever heard about Windchill Package?

Try to check the help.

Using Packages to Import and Export Data

Establishing Package Content

You are able to export data with attachments by the packages .

PetrH

No I haven't, is it something I can hand off to someone who doesnt have Windchill/Integrity? And can I specify a date range for export?

Hi @PS_8816404 

Yes, You can collect data and export them to zip file.

PetrH

Thank you HelesicPetr for your quick responses and willingness to help. I read through the two links in your original reply and tried to find more information, but I cannot figure out if "Windchill Package" is an additional standalone program program or is it an option somewhere in Integrity Administrator menu?

Hi @PS_8816404 

I'm sure this video helps you

Creating Packages for exporting data

PetrH

Thank you for the video, that explains heaps! We are running v12.2.1.2 which is still considered only "Integrity Lifecycle Manager" even though the documentation for my version does also reference it as Windchill Lifecycle Manager (very confusing),

So it appears this is the difference and the communication barrier we are having. I have attached a screenshot of what I see in the Integrity Administrator. Hopefully the exporting package option is still available to me in my version, but i'm just not finding it?

Hi @PS_8816404 

The "Integrity Lifecycle Manager" is an another software that increase a capability of Windchill. 

the package functionality is in the Windchill PDMLink I do not have experience with Integrity so much so I don't know if there is similar function. 

PetrH

Thanks for trying. 

Top Tags