cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

want to know about string type of attributes limitations and default string length and constraints.

AS_11081239
5-Regular Member

want to know about string type of attributes limitations and default string length and constraints.

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: Created Reusable and global attribute and i used those in Manage types like WT Part, those attribute when i add and edit, i see the default constraint added and it was showing lock on first column. and it says modeled attribute. simply, i want to know about that modeled constraint and how it works and how it added. what is the limitation and advantage.

Description:

Hello Community,
I wanted to know about the Attributes which is type of string. that i want to know about default constraints windchill provide OOTB.
String length is maximum upto 2000.

what are modeled constraints how it gets added in attribute in type and attribute.
relevant documents or help or knowledgebase URLs would be help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AS_11081239 

I don't understand the question

The answer is in the document that you've provided

HelesicPetr_1-1719468399786.png

btw the knowledge base and help can help you 😄

CS220838 - What is the maximum length for modeled attributes of type String in Windchill PLM

Customizing Column Lengths

CS420044 - How to increase Character Length of Number attribute

PetrH

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @AS_11081239 

I don't understand the question

The answer is in the document that you've provided

HelesicPetr_1-1719468399786.png

btw the knowledge base and help can help you 😄

CS220838 - What is the maximum length for modeled attributes of type String in Windchill PLM

Customizing Column Lengths

CS420044 - How to increase Character Length of Number attribute

PetrH

Announcements

Top Tags