cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

[wcci] - Strange Web Browser Behavior

jfrankovich
10-Marble

[wcci] - Strange Web Browser Behavior

I posted a similar problem the other day to the Solutions list. We were specifically noticing the Calendar popup issue, but in our case both the 2nd and 3rd spawned windows would immediately close. We have IE 8, 9, and 10 in production and our WC server is 10.0. Most users are on Win7. I believe XP has been ok in some cases. Everything had been fine for over a year until the MS updates rolled out.

In addition, like you, we have recently seen additional issues upon editing the change tasks. Clicking on a pencil icon to edit a change task will immediately close the window. Again, it seems to affect all browser versions. It does not affect Chrome or Firefox.

We have also noticed a particularly strange behavior related to this. It does not appear to be a constant issue! One of our users reported the edit behavior above and so in order to narrow down the cause, we logged into WC as that user from other PCs using various browser versions. We were able to confirm the behavior on these other systems. Within an hour the user, thinking that we had fixed something, demonstrated that the edit behavior was no longer a problem using the exact same steps as before! Furthermore, when we attempted to confirm the "fix" we found that all of the previously used PCs/browsers were still affected!

John Frankovich
The GSI Group LLC
www.gsiag.com<">http://www.gsiag.com>

3 REPLIES 3

Yes have seen similiar issues after ie10 and windows updates installed, particularly when creating change notices and editing change request.

see document CS134791 on ptc.com

the fix that worked for me was uninstall windows update KB2846071 and remove ie10. But this doesnt seem to fix some

others users machines here. not sure what to try next.

I have found that removing IE10 but than updating IE9 to the latest 9.0.18
Instead of the 9.0.15 that it downgrades to....

If all else fails I have 4 users on ie8 that have had no problems for 2+ weeks...

All,
I found this problem with IE9 while trying to create a new replication job after our IT group installed the KB2846071 patch on our Windchill servers and clients.
The selection of the replication vault step in the wizard failed to display, or gave me a PickerInputComponentCallback exception when I selected a replication vault and proceeded to the next step, it then closed the wizard completely.
I remembered seeing something about this patch mentioned on one of the solutions threads, so I looked it up.
After installing the workaround mentioned in CS134791, and clearing the IE client cache files, it fixed the problem.
Thank you Brian, for bringing up this problem to the solutions group, and supplying the reference to fix it.

Mike Ibosh
Top Tags