cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

windchill crashes

CarlosVasseur
1-Newbie

windchill crashes

We have windchill 8.0 M040 and one user can't check in nor upload to the server because proe/windchill crash every time. Another user can launch proe but every time he try to log in to windchill it crash. These are new problems, we're been using windchill for over a year without any major problem.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, have these problems just started or has it been a progressive thing? It could be something simple like the java has been updated on the clients. you were not too clear is the problem on the client or the server?

Hi, I had a similar problem with Windchil workgroup manager version 9.0 M040. The problem was probably due to a corrupted configuration file under C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application data\PTC\* . Look to the folders ProENGINEER and Windchill Workgroup Manager. Try making a backup copy of them and then delete them. After that Pro/e will probably be again able to connect to Windchill.

"Carlos Vasseur" wrote:

We have windchill 8.0 M040 and one user can't check in nor upload to the server because proe/windchill crash every time.

He is right. It may be a problem with the config file. I installed ProE4 from 3.0 and got that problem with the config files. The best way is to erase the cache. I dont remember though if I erased to file or wrote something in it. May be so that I reinstalled ProE. If you use a lic server you will be forced to re enter it in ProE.

"Roberto Menescardi" wrote:

Hi, I had a similar problem with Windchil workgroup manager version 9.0 M040. The problem was probably due to a corrupted configuration file under C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application data\PTC\* . Look to the folders ProENGINEER and Windchill Workgroup Manager. Try making a backup copy of them and then delete them. After that Pro/e will probably be again able to connect to Windchill.

Try another PC, is this issue just happen on that computer?

HEY

you are right. i delete the folder ounder the path :C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application data\PTC\* .

then check again. now it successed check into winchill system.

the problem frustrate me for a lone time.

thank you.

Top Tags