cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

windchill credentials dialogue box keeps on popping

PK_10753886
6-Contributor

windchill credentials dialogue box keeps on popping

Hi All,

There is an issue with below scenario.

The user is active in windchill, and he has active license. He tries to login to Windchill with correct credentials. Even after entering the correct credentials, that credentials dialogue box keeps on popping up again and again which stops him to login to Windchill. Account wise, everything is fine.

Please suggest the resolution. 

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

If possible to edit your title of your post better, it would make things clearer. Issue lies with your webserver and LDAP. Check the webserver logs. Can you describe which LDAP your are using? Is this the only user who is experiencing issues? 

corp ldap.. two users are facing this

Issue is likely there. Contact admins for that system. Look in HTTPServer for logs folder on the PDMlink server. I've seen it were something as simple as logs filling up on the LDAP server (AD) would cause it not to function properly. If nothing on your webserver changed, its not authenticating users and its only a matter of time before more users have an issue. They are likely cached for the moment,

how to check web server logs

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:PK_10753886)

Under Apache (HTTPServer) folder/logs, you 2 logs one access and the other is error 

Fadel_0-1700507043789.png

Fede

Hi @PK_10753886 

Contact admin, that the two users are not used same user name.

It can happen if one user has a unique name and an another user has set a alternate name to the same unique name as the first one.

Then no one can login.

example>

User1 has unique name : userX

User2 has unique name: userY and also alternate name userX

PetrH

i checked it, but it looks fine, they have unique names 

Hi @PK_10753886 

the names have to be unique and system do not allow to create not unique user

but the alternate/alternative name then there is problem. 

User can have 4 alternative names. 

Have you checked the alternative name columns? 

PetrH 

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:PK_10753886)

check these articles https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS366967 https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs389384 

How is your setup , HTTPS, reverse proxy........

Fede
Top Tags