cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

workspace sync takes a long time

Dmi3U
15-Moonstone

workspace sync takes a long time

Hi pros,
recently more and more people here are taking some work home on the laptops. So they borrow license and put the workspace to "off-line" mode. They work at home, but when they are plugging it back on and change the workspace to "on-line" it would take up to 1.5 hours for a regular size workspace (whole .wt directory is about 4gb). Does anyone have seen this? Any solutions? We might also be getting killed by all the virus, malware scanning e.t.c, but before I start fighting IT I'd like to know that PTC tools are not to blame for that.

Any help would be appreciated...

Dmitry
2 REPLIES 2
Dmi3U
15-Moonstone
(To:Dmi3U)

Forgot to mention:
we are on WF 4.0 M100
WC 9.0 M070

In Reply to Dmitry Ushamirsky:
Hi pros,
recently more and more people here are taking some work home on the laptops. So they borrow license and put the workspace to "off-line" mode. They work at home, but when they are plugging it back on and change the workspace to "on-line" it would take up to 1.5 hours for a regular size workspace (whole .wt directory is about 4gb). Does anyone have seen this? Any solutions? We might also be getting killed by all the virus, malware scanning e.t.c, but before I start fighting IT I'd like to know that PTC tools are not to blame for that.

Any help would be appreciated...

Dmitry

Dmitry, when it comes back online do NOT pick Download or Upload, just Sync:

[cid:image001.jpg@01CA3DEC.5576B6A0]

Does that help?

Best regards,
Kevin Alexander
Senior Application Engineer, Tristar
Top Tags