cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Hope to add co-simulation interface with AMEsim in dynamic mechanism module

jwu-2
1-Newbie

Hope to add co-simulation interface with AMEsim in dynamic mechanism module

Hello:

I am working hydraulic pumps' dynamic mechanical simulation by your mechanism module. it is very good and successful to built dynamic mechanical model by your module. but it can not impose the hydraulc flow force on the model and could not get a useful dynamic simulation result. If we only impose some ideal force or function force, it have not any actual value, the simulation goal is for simulating the actual situation, right?

AMEsim is a good hydraulic simulation software and can calculate a detailed force result, if Creo have co-simulation interface, I can add hydraulic flow force to the mechanism and can get a useful result. by the way, ADMAS have this interface.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bzarkhine
5-Regular Member
(To:jwu-2)

Hi, Jason.

If you can formulate a function representing your hydraulic force (depending on time, different positions, velocities etc.) you should create a user-defined  force. This should be quite simple and straightforward.

If this is not possible, or if you want to use an external simulation software together with Creo mechanism simulation, you should use Custom Load. Custom Loads functionality allows you to bundle external simulation application with the mechanism simulation. Your code will be called at every step of the mechanism simulation thus allowing simultaneous integration of mechanism's equations of motion with hydraulics equations.

You should be able to find examples of using Custom Loads in the help.

Thanks,

Boris

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
bzarkhine
5-Regular Member

Hi, Jason.

If you can formulate a function representing your hydraulic force (depending on time, different positions, velocities etc.) you should create a user-defined  force. This should be quite simple and straightforward.

If this is not possible, or if you want to use an external simulation software together with Creo mechanism simulation, you should use Custom Load. Custom Loads functionality allows you to bundle external simulation application with the mechanism simulation. Your code will be called at every step of the mechanism simulation thus allowing simultaneous integration of mechanism's equations of motion with hydraulics equations.

You should be able to find examples of using Custom Loads in the help.

Thanks,

Boris

jwu-2
1-Newbie

Hello Boris,

up to now we didn't purchase TOOLKIT license, so I can't use custom loads function. I have tried to exert the hydraulic force to the mechanism by the function, but the effect is not good, however, thanks for your reply and support!

Jason

gfraulini
17-Peridot

Hi all,

Boris could you give us more informations regard how custom loads works?

In my case I don't understand how could I link the load with the external application because ProE doesen't ask me nothing (application, folders,...) and returs me «Unable to load the custom load program for custom load "CustomLoad1"» in the Message log.

Cattura.JPG

PS: I use WF5.

How we can link the Mechanism environment with an external application to make a feedback circuit?

I think, for example, with Mathcad 15?

In AMEsim you can build a feedback circuit and, with the latest versions, you can link the analysis with the CAD.

Thanks

bzarkhine
5-Regular Member
(To:gfraulini)

Giulio,

there is a config.pro option "mdo_cl_executable" which you should use to specify the path to the Custom Load executable. So it should look like:

mdo_cl_executable your_path_to_the_DLL_directory\CustomLoad.dll

Thanks,

Boris

Sorry but also reading the PTC Help section I don't understand: I need always the toolkit?

How can I link Pro/Mechanism with an external software to let them communicate together?

It is possible having some example?

bzarkhine
5-Regular Member
(To:gfraulini)

You should study the Help Center topic "Guidelines for Creating a Custom Load Application". It contains a reference to the example application (CustomDLL.c, CustomDLL.h).

Other related articles would also be useful.

I've created a new thread here.

Bye

Top Tags