cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

output to pdf issue

bfriesen
16-Pearl

output to pdf issue

We are using isodraw 7.2 and arbortext 5.4 m080.

We are creating the illustrations in isodraw, starting with a JT file and ending with a CGM. We are putting the illustration into a custom sized template page where we have some arrows and callouts already there. Placed outside the hatched area. In arbortext, we link to the illustration and it showed up correctly, masked to hatched area. When I would print to pdf everything looked correct, illustrations were masked to hatch pattern. The output worked fine until the consultants we have working with us, suggested we add cgm under the preferences, advanced prefeances, isoviewfileformats. Now it when we open arbortext we get no illustrations. The link is there, the size of the white space is correct, but nothing shows up. We then open one of the illustrations that does not show up in arbortext and move it off the background layer to a new layer, which we have caleld raster. Now it shows up in arbortext, and you can now see the illustration. Which is good, but now when I print to pdf it shows the whole assemlby not just the hatched area that shows in arbortext.

I guess my questions are:

Does anyone else have this issue?

Is this an issue with the program? (the consultant put in a ticket with PTC already, about the images not showing up in arbortext)

Is it best practice to be cropping the window in isodraw so only the hatch pattern is shown. (If you don't choose CGM in the preferences, advanced prefeances, isoviewfileformats then this will crop to the hatch area.)

I have included two sample pdfs one with the cgm enabled the other with it disabled.

Thanks

Bryon

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags