cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Graphics Issues Running Creo or Creo Elements/Pro on your Computer?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Graphics Issues Running Creo or Creo Elements/Pro on your Computer?

I have been noticing that more and more students do not have computers or laptops that are fully certified by PTC. In many cases, the graphics card is not sufficient for running Creo when the computer itself is. In this combination, the students will typicall see weird graphics in Creo like ghosted dialog boxes, black backgrounds, mix of shaded and wireframe model display and others. Don't worry though, there is a way to cure this!

Tools, Options, GRAPHICS = WIN32_GDI

When opening the Option panel, change the current config.pro file from the installation folder to "Current Session" and then use the panels at the botton of the window to add graphics and set the value to win32_gdi. Once added, use the Save As icon at the top of the window to save this new file as config.pro in your "My Documents" folder. If the file is named config.pro and located in your "My Documents" folder, Creo will always read the settings in this file and you should be off to a much more enjoyable Creo experience.

2 REPLIES 2
AdamHaas
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Before changing this option, I would suggest the following:

1) Update the graphics driver. Often even new computers come with outdated graphics drivers.

2) Change the display from 32bit to 16bit. This seems to help on many lower end graphics cards but also still enables you to use the card.

ptc-5775890
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Is there a way to do this in Creo Elements Direct Express 4.0?

Top Tags