cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Windchill 10.2 Drag-n-Drop Multiple Document Upload

No ratings

PTC is happy to announce the new HTML5 based drag-n-drop file upload utility with Windchill 10.2_M020. This new utility will replace the existing Java based drop target and give people a much simpler and more intuitive way to upload new documents and attachments. This video demonstrates how easy it is to create multiple documents using the new drag-n-drop upload utility.

This video does not contain audio, yet...

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Comments

Nice functionality, but disappointing that it is not possible to select a document sub type at creation. Recent response of the PTC service desk (CS213307) is that it is as-designed. I would be very helpful if the standard functionality for Create Multiple Documents (including selection of a document subtype) is also available for HTML Drag-And-Drop.

Is it possible to disable the HTML drag-and-drop functionality by configuration? Current functionality is leading to data corruption (wrong document sub types) in the system as we have multiple document sub types in use. 

Agreed. Same is true for 11.1 M020. I have not looking into higher versions. I get the complexity with multiple documents but setting a preference does not solve the issue when you have multiple types to choose from.  From what I hear, there is document classification in 11.2 so it may eliminate the need for document soft-types.  I would think the easier solution was to allow the ability to change soft-types. 

Version history
Last update:
‎Jan 26, 2014 09:59 AM
Updated by:
1-Newbie
Labels (2)
Attachments