cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Again problem with fitting data

ptc-4749353
1-Newbie

Again problem with fitting data

I have another problem with fitting some data. could somebody help to fit this data with two gaussian. here is what I have done but it is not got. just upload the excel file. thank you very much

2 REPLIES 2

try this

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-4749353)

You can't fit that data with the sum of two Gaussians because it's clearly not the sum of two Gaussians. There is something else as well, and that has to be included in the model. The best approach would be to figure out where that "something else" is coming from, and model it based on the physics. Absent that knowledge, we have to model it with some arbitrary function. Fred added one more Gaussian. I have attached a worksheet with a somewhat more general solution. First, I don't know where that tail comes from, but it has nothing to do with the two Gaussians, and seriously affects the fit. So I truncated the data to get rid of it. Then I included a third order polynomial to model the baseline drift that is clearly present in the data.

Top Tags