cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

3 point arc in sketcher preselects a point

IbrahimTayyab
12-Amethyst

3 point arc in sketcher preselects a point

I have been running into this issue where when I select a point at the end of a line while doing a 3 point arc it does the following behaviour. It should be a pretty easy fix however I have no idea how to prevent it.

IbrahimTayyab_0-1689937306880.png

I am using creo parametric 9.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:IbrahimTayyab)

If the behavior you are referring to is to make it tangent, you can move the mouse back to the start point, pause, then move perpendicular to the existing line to prevent automatic tangency.  The same movement also works when first starting the arc.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:IbrahimTayyab)

If the behavior you are referring to is to make it tangent, you can move the mouse back to the start point, pause, then move perpendicular to the existing line to prevent automatic tangency.  The same movement also works when first starting the arc.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Thanks a lot this works perfectly and yes the behaviour I was mentioning is making it tangent, interesting I didn't realise that was what I was happening, I should pay more attention to the constraint symbols.

@IbrahimTayyab wrote:

I have been running into this issue where when I select a point at the end of a line while doing a 3 point arc it does the following behaviour. It should be a pretty easy fix however I have no idea how to prevent it.

IbrahimTayyab_0-1689937306880.png

I am using creo parametric 9.0

Hi,

I do not understand the problem. Please describe it once again.

Are you working in Sketcher environment?

Martin Hanák

I am attaching a video on the issue I was facing, it seems kdirth's solution works to resolve it. 

So the first shape I make is what I want to achieve for reference. The second attempt is me making trying to make it by defining the line first, failing and then using kdirth's method to successfully do it. The third attempt attempt is what I had been resorting to doing, that is holding shift and clicking somewhere near the start and then constraining the start point of the arc and line together.

It seems the behaviour is same in part->sketch and sketch as well.

*edited to attach video as an attachment as well

I was able to find this thread as well explaining what kdirth described in a bit more detail in case anyone else was curious as well. 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Creo-3-0-tutorial-Drawing-an-Arc-Using-the-3-Point-Tangent-End/td-p/441552

Top Tags