cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Batch create images of a list of Creo Parts

JT_OConnor
5-Regular Member

Batch create images of a list of Creo Parts

Is there a way to have Creo output an image of a part (default view preferred) based on a list of parts? 

Think of right clicking a set of MS Word docs and clicking "Print". 

Even better would be to batch print the list and end up with a folder of images, each with the name following a format like this: part1.prt.1, part1.jpg.

It should be able to do multiple files at a time if possible.

We're on Creo 10.0.2.0, Windchill 12

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you can perform all the operations you need to do to create the file for one part, and it is the exact same series of Creo picks to do it for another part, you could probably set up some sort of batch processing to do a bunch of parts.

Here's a previous discussion, you can find more by looking for things like "Creo Distributed Batch".

https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/PTC-Creo-Distributed-Batch/td-p/596053 

For myself, when I've had to work with hundreds of tedious file conversions from part to STEP, I built a massive trail file to do all the ops and ran it to do them all in one go. Took a days long estimated job and had it all done in a couple of hours. This technique is also addressed in the above discussion.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If you can perform all the operations you need to do to create the file for one part, and it is the exact same series of Creo picks to do it for another part, you could probably set up some sort of batch processing to do a bunch of parts.

Here's a previous discussion, you can find more by looking for things like "Creo Distributed Batch".

https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/PTC-Creo-Distributed-Batch/td-p/596053 

For myself, when I've had to work with hundreds of tedious file conversions from part to STEP, I built a massive trail file to do all the ops and ran it to do them all in one go. Took a days long estimated job and had it all done in a couple of hours. This technique is also addressed in the above discussion.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:JT_OConnor)

There MAY be a way to do it in windchill, check with your admin.  We have it setup to create a PDF and Creo View (hate the software) representation whenever a part is changed, even if it's not an "official" revision change, just an iteration change.

There must be some way in windchill since you can download the thumbnails as jpg. Try to search more about WVS jobs and publishing

RH_8252267_0-1710483499307.png

JT_OConnor
5-Regular Member
(To:JT_OConnor)

Got it to work using Martin's program adjusted with a trail file I made exporting JPEG images instead of STP files.
NOTES:

• Make sure you log into Windchill before starting if you are searching W/C for parts to export
  • I exported to My Documents folder so zip files modified for that
  • When running the trail file, it skips files it can't find, but some Windchill errors caused it to stop.
  • Attached the modified zip file for jpgs below.

Thanks to Ken and Martin!

Top Tags