cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

CREO Programming in Creo Version 8.0.5.0

AG_9475718
4-Participant

CREO Programming in Creo Version 8.0.5.0

I am trying to automate the model generation of an assembly using Creo Programming. I am able to get to the point where I can read a file with all the inputs and generate the model. But after reading the file, I have to regenerate the model several times (almost 6 to 8 times) to completely get the final assembly. I want to automate the regeneration process as well. I am pretty new to Creo programming and I wanted to know if it is at all possible to write something in the code which can auto-regenerate the model for me and will give me the final assembly right after importing the file. Thanks for your time in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Michael
12-Amethyst
(To:AG_9475718)

Automating the regeneration process in Creo Parametric through Creo programming is a practical approach to streamline your modeling workflow.

To automate the regeneration of a model in Creo, you would typically use the Creo Parametric API. The API can be accessed via different programming interfaces such as J-Link (Java), Toolkit (C, C++), and VB API. Here's a conceptual outline of how you can approach this:

1. **Choose Your Programming Interface**: Decide whether you'll use J-Link, Toolkit, or another supported interface based on your programming proficiency and the specific requirements of your project.

2. **API Functions for Regeneration**: Look for API functions that trigger the regeneration process. For example, in J-Link, you might use a method like `RegenerateModel()`. This function will force the model to regenerate.

3. **Loop for Multiple Regenerations**: If your assembly requires multiple regenerations, you can place the regeneration function inside a loop. The loop can iterate a set number of times or until certain criteria are met (e.g., no further changes occur in the model).

~ CreoVerse

Michael P Bourque
Boston Regional User Group
Top Tags