cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Cabling harness parameter as bom position

PI_6131154
8-Gravel

Cabling harness parameter as bom position

Hi!

I would like to know, if is somehow possible to use the Referenc Designator from harness as parameter for balloon, so I can make the position balloons in my drawing.

Way the Ref. Designator: because my harness has more than once the same connector. I have to specified this.

The Way to do this is the Ref Desinator

But positioning is assembly functionality. 

So how can I ether make handmade note as position with REAL harness parameter using the harness model as active (.prt) ot to make positioning using the parameter of the harness and to have the ".assy" as model..

Explanation: I have assy ot the cabling: harness and connectors and I have just the harness model in the drawing inside.

Tank you!

www.pi-engineering.at
3 REPLIES 3
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:PI_6131154)

Hi,

At least one way to show the connector refdes values for the connectors in the drawing is to (I'm using creo9)...

• Create table for the assembly and open "properties" dialog for the table.
  • Set the "BOM Balloon parameter" to "asm.mbr.connprm.name"

Lars_F_0-1698304119903.png

• Create balloons for the assembly and it shows the refdes values for each connector.

Lars_F_1-1698304166123.png

Br,
Lars

Hi Lars!

Thank you very much fur your help. It sounds good.

Unfortunately, my problem starts at Schamatics. There is a system parameter "full_name".

This parameter has the behavioral to be the reference designator. This means that if I place more than oncs the same component, the fill_name count this:

example_ Identify numbe and suffix 01...02...03 an so on.

That is way, I think, this is my reference designator.

But unfortunately, the parameter "full_name" will be not exported in the XML file.

Have you maybe some adices for me?

Only ofter this, I can start to do the positioning and use your proposal,

And I have found, that in the www is quetion from user how to "ref_design=funn_name"...no answer. So..I think, I have the same question.

Thank you!

www.pi-engineering.at
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:PI_6131154)

Hi,

But isn't the "full_name" parameter from the schematic always exported as REFDES to the xml-file?

As here

Creo Schematic CON-11 highlighted... Full_name = CON-11

Lars_F_0-1698408474535.png

Exported xml shows the REFDES as CON-11

Lars_F_1-1698408528549.png

Then you can check from the cabling parameter in creo to verify that the parameter has been correctly read for the connector (here shown the "full_name" J2 from previous post)

Lars_F_2-1698408907327.png

Or do you just want to display the component name in each balloon (in my case the name does not fit inside the balloon)?

Lars_F_3-1698409872859.png

Br,

Lars

Top Tags