cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Cant acess IFX

CS_10278375
1-Newbie

Cant acess IFX

I am using Creo Parametric Release 4.0 and DatecodeM140

the intelligent fastener extension does not appear in the "tools" window of Creo. I was wondering how I install or use it.
6 REPLIES 6

Hello,

Maybe you have the option  intelligent_fastener_enabled set to no. in config.pro file or either in config.sup.
If so, then set it to yes value

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:CS_10278375)

The IFX license is an option and costs extra. Creo 3+ comes with a basic IFX license, but you cannot modify anything with files supplied.

Not necessarily. In latest Creo Design packages full IFX is bundled with a base Creo Design Essentials package (along with some other extensions like AFX or Cabling & Piping). It's an extra extension only if you have some older packages and not upgraded them to Design Essentials or higher.

jchelle
15-Moonstone

Dear customer,

As previously said, you need a specific license to access the IDX module from Creo Parametric.

Please can you check if such license is available in your Creo 4.0 session :

> File  > Help > System Information > Configured Option Modules , then check if  IntelligentFastnerExtension is listed.

Waiting your information

Cheers

jchelle
15-Moonstone

Sorry for the typo , I mean IFX

remy
21-Topaz I

To check the installation, browse to Common Files folder and confirm the ifx folder is present. 

Another way is to run set-up again. 

Top Tags