cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Changing the properties of a projected Cosmetic Sketch

CG_2960659
4-Participant

Changing the properties of a projected Cosmetic Sketch

Hi. I'm using Creo 7.0.10 and I cannot find a way to change the line properties of a projected cosmetic sketch.

I can change the properties of the lines within the cosmetic sketch feature itself (color and line type) but when I project the feature onto the surface, the projected lines are created with the default color and type. (orange, solid).  See snapshot.

I am trying to create a simple sewing pattern onto overlapped fabric, hence the dashed lines.  I can do this with projected datum curves, but our (enormous) company Windchill is set up to always hide all layers for official Check In.   Our system will also not allow us to create additional layers so I have that potential alternative working against me as well and there is 0 chance of changing that.

Cosmetic Sketch gets me around my curve/layer limitations, but now I am faced with this new dilemma.

Is there a way to change the projected feature properties or is this just how Creo works?

Thank you for any tips or assistance you might have.

Snap18291.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I wonder if you could work-around your company policy by manually excluding items from a layer?  This way the layer is hidden, but your projected datum curves are still visible...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I wonder if you could work-around your company policy by manually excluding items from a layer?  This way the layer is hidden, but your projected datum curves are still visible...

CG_2960659
4-Participant
(To:pausob)

Thank you. That did the trick!

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:CG_2960659)

Cosmetic Sketch is a bit different.  I have never tried projecting one before.  After trying it I cannot find a way to change the visual properties of the lines.

I agree with @pausob, try excluding a normal projection from the layer.  This will keep it assigned to the layer, but not control it's visibility with the layer.

• open layer properties
  • select exclude button
  • select items to exclude
  • select OK

kdirth_0-1710247961849.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags