cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo 3 Colors

lkerila
1-Newbie

Creo 3 Colors

Since migrating to Creo 3 from Creo 2, I've noticed that the colors in my appearance palette don't look at all like they do in Creo 2. Same graphics card, same driver, same appearance.dmt file, same config.pro... same everything.

I've dug thru the config.pro file to try to see if there was a new color or graphics setting, but I've not been able to find anything. Then I tried updating my graphics driver - to no avail.

Any ideas as to why I can no longer see my nice, realistic colors in Creo 3?

Creo 2 palette looks like this...

C2 color palette.JPG

Creo 3 palette looks like this...

C3 color palette.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
James62
10-Marble
(To:lkerila)

Sounds like the default appereance file is different in Creo Parametric 3.0. The easiest way to solve this is to export the appereance file from Creo 2.0 and point at the exported file's folder with pro_colormap_path config option.

ckeller
11-Garnet
(To:lkerila)

Actually, in Creo 3 PTC changed the way the highlight parameter is calculated for realtime rendering.

In real-time rendering mode, highlight does not use the highlight slider.  it is now tied to the reflection parameter.  So appearances from Creo 2.0 that had no reflection, but a strong highlight will show up in Creo 3.0 with no highlight at all, due to a lack of "reflectivity"  So there is no way in Creo 3 to have an appearance that has a strong highlight without also having a reflection.

In standard shaded mode the appearance looks mostly the same as it did in Creo 2.0.

There are some great new aspects to real-time shading in Creo 3.0 that are really great.  however, there are a number of problems that make visualizing surfaces much worse than it was in 2.0.  I really want the artificial non-reflective highlights back!  highlights without a reflection or with super subtle reflection.  YES PLEASE!

Please review my post about the broken behavior of realtime appearances in Creo 3.

Creo 3.0 Appearances Broken?

PTC is aware and has accepted an SPR.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=4675133

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=4675126

Top Tags