cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo 4-10 Component Display / Style / PhantomTrnsp and PhantomOpque

sanisimov
7-Bedrock

Creo 4-10 Component Display / Style / PhantomTrnsp and PhantomOpque

Hello friends.

In the drawing, I need to specify a detail, transparent and in fine lines. Creo is able to make the detail transparent, but the line style is dashed.

I open the drawing.
Layout > Component Display > Style > Picked View > OK.
In the menu manager, I select the PhantomTrnsp style.

As a result, I get a transparent display of the assembly part, but with a dotted line.

How to adjust or change the default PhantomTrnsp line style to thin rather than dashed?

5 REPLIES 5

I really don't know any way to do what you want. I haven't ever seen a way to alter the representation of the lines rendered for a solid.

I suppose you could make a view, then use "Convert to Draft Group" to turn that view into a bunch of "dumb" lines, then edit the lines you want to change on an individual basis. You lose the associativity of the view to the model but you can get your thin lines, I suppose.

Your option doesn't suit me.
What I do is this: Once I've selected the PhantomTrnsp style, I select all of the lines in the view individually and change the style of those lines using the Line Style tool.

It takes a long time. (((

I am not sure if this is obvious, but I suggest this work-around:

1) in your model, hide the components that are not in the "phantomtrnsp" style.

2) in the drawing view, those components will disappear.  So only the ones you want to modify will be shown.

3) then use line style changing tool

pausob_0-1702489778822.png

and in one go, box-select all the lines of the shown components, and change the line style to your liking.

5) go back to the model and unhide all the components to restore the drawing view.

This is a good option.
But still, how do I change the PhantomTrnsp style settings?

Not sure whether you can.  It might be hard-coded.

I searched the internet for "PhantomTrnsp" - and this thread from MCAD Central seemed to discuss something similar to your issue.

Line Fonts - changing PhantomTrnsp appearance... 

It offers an alternate solution to the problem by using a "user defined color" to apply to your components, and then having that color apply a line style at the time of printing (via pen-table configuration).  Of course, that doesn't give you the "transparent" look so no good...

Top Tags