cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo 7.0.12.0 Distributed Batch - Running Mapkey - Drawing Backup

LKou
2-Guest

Creo 7.0.12.0 Distributed Batch - Running Mapkey - Drawing Backup

Hello, I am wondering if there is a method to use Distributed Batch to backup drawing files (and all associated assembly + part files) to a directory ?

I attempted this using the mapkey.ttd and then including my config.pro containing a mapkey that recorded: Save a backup (while in a drawing file) > OK > Yes to the two prompts that appeared.

The error I receive in the log is [-4] Error: Incomplete input data. The manual information suggests that this is due to required dependents not being retrieved, but I haven't been able to find a remedy for this (if any).

The mapkey sequence itself is as shown, as runs as expected in Creo Parametric.

mapkey bk @MAPKEY_NAMESave backup to working directory without prompt. For \
mapkey(continued) use with distributed batch;@MAPKEY_LABELInstant save backup;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;~ Command `ProCmdModelBackup` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `file_saveas` `Current Dir`;~ Activate `file_saveas` `OK`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `0_std_confirm` `OK`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `storage_conflicts` `OK_PushButton`;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:LKou)

@LKou wrote:

Hello, my team is lacking PLM and so when making new iterations, we save backups of models and drawings to a new folder, sometimes dozens of different drawings for a single project. The process itself is very manual and sometimes files are missed, so I'm hoping to somewhat improve this if Distributed Batch could be used to perform the task using the mapkey.ttd

Hi,

If I were you I would probably solve the problem by generating trail file and running it.

trail file generator programmed by you or your IT can:

• use the list of drawings as input
  • create code which repeats save backup action for every drawing

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

please explain why do you use Distributed Batch. Is it because you want to backup hundreds of drawings?

Martin Hanák

Hello, my team is lacking PLM and so when making new iterations, we save backups of models and drawings to a new folder, sometimes dozens of different drawings for a single project. The process itself is very manual and sometimes files are missed, so I'm hoping to somewhat improve this if Distributed Batch could be used to perform the task using the mapkey.ttd

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@LKou wrote:

Hi,

If I were you I would probably solve the problem by generating trail file and running it.

trail file generator programmed by you or your IT can:

• use the list of drawings as input
  • create code which repeats save backup action for every drawing

Martin Hanák

Oh, thank you for this information, I will read and attempt this.

Top Tags