cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 7 3D Cabling Repeat Region and Wire Length

CS_10559331
4-Participant

Creo 7 3D Cabling Repeat Region and Wire Length

Greetings. 

I am somewhat able to create a repeat region table containing all of the information I need. However there are certain issues which I cant seem to get past. 

Problem 1 : I have a column for cable length, and I populated the top column with the following report string: &mbr.connprm.pin.run.len[.0]. 2 wires in particular is a part of a cable feature, one is displaying the proper length, one of which is not displaying anything. I did not manually assign any manual lengths, so I am now sure how to fix this issue, any ideas? 

Problem 2: I have a different column, displaying length again, with the following report string: &harn.run.len[.0]. I have 3 wires as a part of a cable feature, each with varying lengths. In the table, only the longest length of wire is being displayed for all three wires. I am assuming that because this is a single cable, it is giving me the longest length in the wires, but whether I am right or not is what I was hoping someone would confirm? 

Thank you for you help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:CS_10559331)

Hi,

Problem 1:
The &mbr.connprm.pin.run.len should show the cable lengths entering the selected connector.

The parameters for the image below are
&mbr.connprm.pin.run.len
&mbr.connprm.name

Lars_F_0-1674838044130.png

And the reported length seems to be for the longest wire within CBL1 (cut lenght for the cable).

Problem 2:
Usually we display the lengths using the &harn.run.len as show on the table below.
And, yes the cable lengths shows the length of the longest wire (white color) within the cable. The individual lengths on this example are
White 246.1388
Black 224.7488
Red 220.6823

I believe that Creo calculates the wire length by...
1.  First measuring the length of the curve between the connector entry ports.
2. By adding the "INT_LENGTH" connector parameter to the curve length.
(= curve length + INT_LENGTH of J1 + INT_LENGTH of J2).

Lars_F_1-1674838100046.png

Lars_F_2-1674838119706.pngLars_F_3-1674838151812.png

Br,

Lars

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:CS_10559331)

Hi,

Problem 1:
The &mbr.connprm.pin.run.len should show the cable lengths entering the selected connector.

The parameters for the image below are
&mbr.connprm.pin.run.len
&mbr.connprm.name

Lars_F_0-1674838044130.png

And the reported length seems to be for the longest wire within CBL1 (cut lenght for the cable).

Problem 2:
Usually we display the lengths using the &harn.run.len as show on the table below.
And, yes the cable lengths shows the length of the longest wire (white color) within the cable. The individual lengths on this example are
White 246.1388
Black 224.7488
Red 220.6823

I believe that Creo calculates the wire length by...
1.  First measuring the length of the curve between the connector entry ports.
2. By adding the "INT_LENGTH" connector parameter to the curve length.
(= curve length + INT_LENGTH of J1 + INT_LENGTH of J2).

Lars_F_1-1674838100046.png

Lars_F_2-1674838119706.pngLars_F_3-1674838151812.png

Br,

Lars

Top Tags