cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo 8: Creating repeat region recursive "BOM" to be used in a "drawing tree" drawing. Thoughts?

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Creo 8: Creating repeat region recursive "BOM" to be used in a "drawing tree" drawing. Thoughts?

Da Boss came to me the other day and asked if I could make something that would function as a drawing tree for all our assembly drawings.  I thought about it, and said no, not like we're used to seeing, like the usual drawing tree or an "Org Chart" for those that have never seen a drawing tree.  BUT, I thought I might be able to do it in BOM form using a recursive repeat region.  I've never worked at a company that wanted to use a recursive BOM, so, this will be my first time playing with it, but, I figure it SHOULD be almost exactly like doing a regular BOM.  We want the drawing number, and the title, and "probably" quantities.

Anyone ever done anything like this?  Is there Creo 8 functionality for this I'm not aware of (last having formal training on Wildfire 5).  If not, this would be GREAT functionality to have.  Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

have never seen a drawing tree. Please can you attach some picture?

Martin Hanák

Happy Thanksgiving Martin!

Well, the search was ALMOST useless because all I found was sketched pictures of, well, TREE, trees.  But I finally found an Engineering Drawing Tree.  Had to search for that specific term.  What it does is break down assemblies into their sub-assemblies and parts.  This isn't a very good one, but it'll do.  You can see 3 levels of assembly here.  I know we can't do that since it would mean separate repeat regions all over, and how would we tie them together?  But, maybe a recursive BOM.....

ENGINEERING DRAWING TREE-01.png

Hi,

you can get following table

MartinHanak_0-1700811962675.png

See drawing inside attached 2023-11-23.zip

Martin Hanák

I'll give it a look when I get back in on Tuesday, thanks!

Top Tags