cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo 9 not exporting PDF drawings containing certain symbols

Andrea_A
4-Participant

Creo 9 not exporting PDF drawings containing certain symbols

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing an issue with Creo 9.0.1.0 Parametric Educational Edition, as the program does not let me export drawings in PDF format if they contain certain symbols.

For example, the following drawing is exported correctly:

1.PNG

While if I change the radius dimension to a diameter one, containing the symbol  Φ instead of the letter R, as in the following:

2.PNG

I get this error:

3.PNG

And the export is not carried out.

Has anyone experienced the same issue and know how to solve it?

Thank you very much,

Andrea.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrea_A
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I noticed that the error occurred when I loaded an old configuration file I prepared a couple of years ago into File > Prepare > Drawing properties.

If I will experience that error again I will be happy to try with your solution.

Thanks

Regards

Andrea

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
EV_9838816
4-Participant
(To:Andrea_A)

This issue also happened to me, and I could not solve it. The only way to export it as a PDF file was by sending it to print and save it in that environment. I hope it can help you with this issue

Hi,

use Save As > Save a Copy command, select *.pdf extension and in PDF Export Settings dialog box activate Content tab and select Stroke All Fonts option.

Martin Hanák
Andrea_A
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I noticed that the error occurred when I loaded an old configuration file I prepared a couple of years ago into File > Prepare > Drawing properties.

If I will experience that error again I will be happy to try with your solution.

Thanks

Regards

Andrea

Hi, thank you for your reply.

But your suggestion did not work in my case, PTC Creo 9 drawing still aborts the PDF creation.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

@EV_9838816 wrote:

Hi, thank you for your reply.

But your suggestion did not work in my case, PTC Creo 9 drawing still aborts the PDF creation.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

please record mp4 video showing your steps and upload it.

Martin Hanák
bobarn
10-Marble
(To:Andrea_A)

Hello,

If you already made PDF file and you want to save it with same name as before, make sure that the old file isn't open or used by any other program.

Hope that helps.

Nejc

Top Tags