cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo Parametric 8.0 > Sheetmetal > Mirrored Features Collector

cbroach
8-Gravel

Creo Parametric 8.0 > Sheetmetal > Mirrored Features Collector

In Creo Parametric 8.0, in a Sheetmetal Part, the Mirrored Features collector is missing when editing a mirror feature. If I go to a part file, it is there. Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong or why it is this way? See attached PDF for screen captures.

Thanks,

New Creo User.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:cbroach)

You need to check the "Reapply Mirror" button.

EDIT: Sorry, misunderstood your question. Didn't see the second screen grab. I think the answer is that mirroring in Sheetmetal is a recent addition. It used to not be possible at all. As such, perhaps all the functionality isn't implemented. So unfortunately I think there's nothing to do about it, unless you want to get creative with workarounds (copy the driving surfaces, mirror the quilt, use the Offset command to create geometry from it).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine

You need to check the "Reapply Mirror" button.

EDIT: Sorry, misunderstood your question. Didn't see the second screen grab. I think the answer is that mirroring in Sheetmetal is a recent addition. It used to not be possible at all. As such, perhaps all the functionality isn't implemented. So unfortunately I think there's nothing to do about it, unless you want to get creative with workarounds (copy the driving surfaces, mirror the quilt, use the Offset command to create geometry from it).

Hi, 

For the mirror feature you first select the feature you wish to mirror only then is the mirror feature available thus there is no collector for it.

Without selecting any feature, mirror is greyed out as below.

IbrahimTayyab_0-1692877075093.png

I have selected some features from the model tree now mirror is available.

IbrahimTayyab_1-1692877113083.png

In the mirror feature now I only need to select the plane.

IbrahimTayyab_2-1692877130217.png

Let me know if I misunderstood something.

Best,

Ibrahim

Hi, 

Thanks for replying, but you have misunderstood. Looking at the attached PDF in my post I was trying to ask, After you or someone else have mirrored some features in a sheetmetal part, why the "Mirrored Items Collector" is missing when trying to go back and edit the mirror feature.

In your 3rd image under the mirror plane collector there should be a Mirrored Items Collector showing all the features you've selected to be mirrored.

Reading the help manual for rel8.0 https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r8.0/usascii/index.html#page/part_modeling/part_modeling/part_four_sub/To_Add_Features_to_or_Remove_Features_from_a_Mirror_Feature.html  it tells you to how to add and remove from the Mirror Items Collector but that isn't possible in a sheetmetal part. Hoping it is something I'm doing wrong but I think Pettersson answered my question.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Unfortunately, sheet metal mirror is not the same as normal part mode mirror. For your specific simple example, pre-selection works fine.

I don't know if it works for more complicated selections/processes.

StephenW_0-1692880268672.png

StephenW_1-1692880276222.png

StephenW_2-1692880284642.png

Top Tags